Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lamby Pen





These days time to write is dwindling. But with my new friend Poppy currently napping in a pile of straw I finally get a short break from the hours of dedication. This morning I spent a big chunk of time lamb-proofing my whole trailer to make sure Poppy could live with me. Mostly what this means is I went around cleaning all the spills she had made last night and mopped the floors a bit to make them less sticky. After all, it had only been a day of being with her and already I was getting fed up with jumping off the bed and stepping in a fresh pile of soggy wetness with my bare feet. With this in mind, I also decided to create a tiny pen to contain her spills. By taking two boards of wood I managed to section off an entire corner of my trailer which I then lined and filled with straw. (So far I don’t hear any bleats so I think it must be up to her standards!)

2 comments:

  1. I love the first photo - the light and how happy you look with your new friend. You're like a red poppy flower yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so awkward and spindly! and all the cuter for it.

    ReplyDelete