Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bon Apetit!

The day has finally arrived! Tomorrow Rawley and I are in charge of making lunch for everyone. We had planned on discussing our dishes carefully at market but since market was pretty busy today we never really had time to sort it all out. Luckily I came up with a theme and persuaded him to let the menu be Indian-inspired which I am very excited about. I plan on making naan and I think we will also brew a lot of chai. Then for our main meal we will make some curry, rice, a lentil dish, and then either a potato and spinach dish or a chickpea dish. Dessert is still in question…chocolate chip cookies are totally Indian, right? J

On a totally separate note, Judith asked me to write an article for the Beet yesterday. It's pretty intimidating, I have no idea what to write about because there is so much I want to say (obviously, since I have a whole blog dedicated to it). I'm excited, but at the same time nervous.

3 comments:

  1. I am so unbelievably jealous of the people that get your lunch. Bring some to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, me too! i got the electronic beet delivered to me yesterday...where is your pictureeeee?

    ReplyDelete
  3. well my picture was in the newsletter from a few weeks ago so i dont know if they archive them or anything...but i'll be writing one for next week and i might get my picture in there somewhere. eeeeek, i'm so nervous

    ReplyDelete