Friday, February 5, 2010

Babies, babies, babies!

Lots of changes happening around here! First and foremost, Poppy isn’t living with me anymore. After there were two more lamb orphans I realized she might be happier living over in lamb nursery school with them. I also realized I might be a bit happier with the extra hours of sleep. It’s with mixed emotions that I bring this news because while I am glad for the relaxation, I am sad to pass up on the close friendship that I could feel budding. My worries are eased a bit because I still get to bottle feed her and after work I’m going to start taking her out on walks. So far, she still seems to recognize my voice so I am feeling better about our separation. The two new friends she has are about three times her size but they seem content together. The trio is so close we even went super corny and named them PB and J -- Poppy, Beatrice and Jake. (Dru joked that if we get more we’ll have to name them BLT. Haha)

Then, even when we thought it wasn’t possible to have any more babies around this place, BOTH goats gave birth today. One had triplets and the other had twins! Five new babies in one day, exhausting but wonderful. And everyone has made up their minds, of all the babies kids are definitely the cutest farm animals, hands down.

------

Oh, and once again, my lunch efforts were thwarted. This time by Cheryl. Now I’m actually starting to get curious about what it would be like to get to cook….Indian food next week, I promise!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Ines. I met up with your mom on Friday and she told me that you were very happy at Full Belly and about your little borreguito, and then I talked to Nati and she told me about your blog . . . and I just read through ALL of your entries and they are absolutely wonderful and you write so well and it all sounds so exciting and full of life - and I hope you don't mind me peeping! Lots of love - Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh jesus mumsies.

    sorry ines! :] what can i say we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By all means, jann, read away! I am honored to have you reading about my adventures!

    ReplyDelete