Tuesday, January 5, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things

So far, I’ve figured out that collecting eggs at this farm isn’t quite as fun as I had remembered. However, I have figured out two things that I do like very much:

First, is the pirate chicken that escaped the coop and now lives in a grove of bamboo. I am thinking that a name is definitely in order but I haven’t thought of a good one yet. So far the best I’ve come up with is “chicken-that-is-followed-by-a-loud-peeping-noise” because you can easily find her if you follow the noises coming from her new chick that is never more than five inches away. Maybe I should just give them both one name, “the-pair-that-can-make-even-scrooge-smile.”

My other favorite thing is the wreath room. On the outside, the wreath room is only a large wooden shack. But step in, and it smells like heaven. Inside the walls are covered in wreaths and from the ceiling hang hundreds of flowers and herbs in bunches. The wreaths have taken hours to make by hand, crafted by the flower ladies who sit inside on rainy days to weave the plants together. Now I know when I need a pick-me-up, I can just stick my head inside to get a whiff.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing this chicken! She decided to make her own home where she wanted. The pigs look adorable and I remember the wreath room very well.

    ReplyDelete