Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Lambing? Lambing!

Besides my goat adventures in the morning, Dru also took a few of us over to look at the pregnant sheep that are due to start lambing any day now. There are about 80 ewes and they are all starting to look rather large, Dru is nervous because at the end of this week the four partners are going to be at a conference called Eco Farm so Rawley and I will be left to farm-sit. I am so excited, it is going to be a great week at the farm; checking on the lambs, doing a lot of milking, and I even asked Antonio if I could tag along to his animal chores so I can learn more from him. At first I was hesitant to ask because I remember him telling me a while ago that he prefers working with animals than people but he didn't mind me asking and I think he will be thankful for the help these dreary days.

No comments:

Post a Comment