Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dreaming with reality

6/6:

Marion and I took the bikes first to the market and tehn to the beach where we spent the whole day basking under the sun eating fruit and getting updates about the French Open through texts from her friends. Everything was normal, relaxed. Until partway through my sun-induced slumber I was awoken by a different noise. Groggily I rolled around to find a huge white horse standing at my feet. Atop the white beatuy, a young woman dressed in black sat upright and alert. Just as soon as I had sat up to see better, the two trotted off towards the water. Completely unperturbed, the horse calmly walked directly into the sea. They walked and continued walking until the horse was swimming while all the while the woman sat straight up and mumbled sweet encouragement. I blinked to make sure I wasnt still daydreaming but sure enough the two continued further and further out. Still dazed and confused, I rolled back over for what I thought were some two minutes (but must've been 10) only to find that the pair was gone when I looked again.
And maybe I'm still daydreaming but Giana just invited me to dinner withe president of Slowfood IE.

No comments:

Post a Comment