Monday, March 15, 2010

Sweet sounds

One of my top ten moments on the farm for sure:

A perfect day. Deep blue skies, hot sun and a sweet breeze, my hair flying in the wind as I ride the moto fast, savoring the smells of the different crops as I pass by. I screech to a halt in a cloud of dust as I come up to the truck thats idling by the side of the road. As I get closer, I hear a Bach suite drifting from the open window. Antonio is sitting inside, enjoying the last of the musical phrase before stepping out of the car. "You like that music?" I ask in surprise. I would never imagine it, judging by the loud corridos he likes to play when we clean out the barn. "Of course, don't you?", he replies. "Sure I do" I say, still skeptical. "It's so romantic" he adds. My jaw almost hangs open but instead of saying anything I swing my legs off the moto and begin taking down the electric fence we've come to dismantle.
Mental note to self: don't judge people so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment