Sunday, March 14, 2010

Almond Festival!

Admitting that I'm not the Almond Festival's number one fan, I do have to give it credit for making me appreciate the valley's beauty even more than before. Starting off the day in Esparto among the throngs of leather-clad, mustachioed bikers, I then headed to the calmer scene over in Rumsey. With bumper-to-bumper traffic for a large stretch of road between the two towns I was given the chance to look more closely at the fields and rolling hills that make the valley so peaceful and breath-taking.

In comparison to the packed and crazed Esparto festivities, Rumsey was a completely different experience. With warm rays of sun coating the celebrations, the sweet smell of ribs filled the air as groovy blues musicians kept the atmosphere lively and relaxed. Summer seems to be approaching ever so quickly and beautiful days such as today quickly turn the recent heavy rains into distant memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment