Tuesday, February 16, 2010

spring forward

If the abundance of baby lambs hadn't been enough of a clue, the amount of gnats I almost swallowed on my run today are certainly a heads up that spring is finally rearing its beautiful head. With rains in recent history the farm is at what I imagine to be the height of its idyllic stage. A warm dose of sun bathes us as we work these days and a sweet breeze keeps us at the perfect temperature for most of the day. Babies are everywhere and plants are fat with green juice. Human lunch time is always brimming with people, kids, dogs. Even lamb lunch time has now turned into a huge event, neighbors send their kids over and all 14 (!) bummer lambs are taken care of individually, royally. Work has dwindled and I am finding myself with more time to be with the animals. Some days I wish there was more work but my coworkers tell me if I stay until April I will soon be swallowing my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment