Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Off the hook

I guess it’s a vicious cycle because the more work there is the more I have to say but the less time I have to write. Things are moving really fast here now, I have projects shooting at me from all directions and time moves very quickly. To make matters more hectic, my day for doing animal chores and cooking lunch (for 10+ people) is tomorrow. All week I’ve been making menus in my head but today and Monday pretty much killed all the ideas I had planned. Monday Alex and Bryan made the roasted veggies that I had planned as a backup and today Joe made a squash soup that was my initial plan. With these two ideas knocked off my list, I regretted not having taken my genius cousin Ana’s advice when she had simply said to plan four different meals at the beginning of the week so that it wouldn’t come to this. But not being as smart as she is, by this point in the day I was beginning to flounder a little, going through ingredients in my head and starting to gradually feel more and more nervous. Luckily Andrew came to my rescue. He needed another person to come to market with him so I eagerly volunteered and Rebecca offered to cook the meal and deal with the animals. It was a close call, and though I was looking forward to the cooking challenge, I am really excited to go to the San Rafael market again. And I know there will be many more lunches to be cooked later on. Better be off to bed soon because I have to wake up at 2:30 tomorrow morning! Although I don’t really consider that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment