Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bright eyes




The most beautiful rain I’ve ever seen I witnessed this morning. Bent over pruning roses I began to hear the leaves around me crackling magically -- the rain was so thin you couldn’t see it or feel it through your clothes but it splashed noisily on all the trees and plants. I looked up for the first time in a while and before me was pure beauty. The sky was split in half -- one side dark with rain, the other a pure icy blue. Stretched across the entire thing, a fat rainbow connected both sides of the valley. Below the whole spectacle a sea of red plum trees with shiny ribbons blazed like a fire. Knowing that pictures can never do rainbows justice I ran to get my camera, rain falling on my face in gentle but precise droplets, little splashes of coolness on my skin.

P.S. Tonight is the first night I can see the stars! I can't get over how totally BRIGHT they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment