Monday, November 16, 2009

A flower-breathing dragon


I started going to the young artists workspace (YAWS) at a pretty young age with my best friend, Zoe. In the beginning, it was pretty much just an excuse to see her on a regular basis after we changed to different schools. But as time passed we formed a tight community with the teacher, Jen, and a few of the other core students. We outgrew the kid-sized chairs but we kept coming every week because we enjoyed it so much.
Though I no longer take classes there, I've been working on restoring the mural on the outside of the building for the past month.
Last week we had a 10 year anniversary celebration in the park with face painting, print making and side-walk chalk.
My dog, Luna, decided to lie in the kolam chalk designs... Then we turned her into a rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment