Monday, November 16, 2009

Catching up


I've always toyed with the idea of starting my own blog but somehow it's always seemed too daunting. Inspired by another "gap year girl", I have finally decided to bite the bullet and start my own. I guess I have just been waiting all this time to find a good excuse to write one and all of a sudden I have one!
But first I'll have to do some catching up.....
It's been a few months since I started working at Pie Ranch and a LOT has happened.

September: Splitting my time between Pescadero and home, Berkeley. When I'm not at Pie Ranch I'm working with City Slicker Farms in Oakland/Emeryville and working as an assistant at the Young Artists Workspace (YAWS) in Totland Park, Berkeley.

October: Spent two weeks at Full Belly Farm in Guinda, preparing for the Hoes Down Harvest Festival then back to Pie Ranch. Working with Oakland-based artist Sita Rupe in her cozy studio.

November: Things are winding down at Pie Ranch now... Lots of cover crop planted and many pies to be made!

No comments:

Post a Comment