Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dublin

6/14:
So here's the thing about being on the road, you get hungry after lugging baggage around. And after seeing what felt like the entirety of the Irish countryside I was quite hungry. After dropping my stuff off at the hostel I went to go explore Dublin. But after a while sure enough my hunger came after me.
After browsing all the tourist-geared pubs, I opted for the cheaper version which was the nearest Spar. Afgter browsing I finally found some precooked rice and some decent looking curry sauce. Normally I would never stoop so low as to buy dinner from a corner store but being optimistic I thought rice with some spicy sauce couldn't be all that bad. But ohhh, how wrong I was. With the first bite inducing almost instant nausea, I still ploughed on thinking maybe that particular spoonful had had something wrong with it. I kept telling myself this until by the sixth or seventh spoonfull I was really feeling ready to hurl. Holding back my queezy stomach from doing any funny business, I promptly tossed the whole of it in the trash and set off to find some real food. I ended up sitting down happily with a pint of Guiness and a heaping plate of fish and chips. It's times like these when you're sure it's worth the extra cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment