Saturday, May 29, 2010

A new chapter

5/29:
So few hours have elapsed and I've already learned a lesson that will serve me my whole trip: it makes a big difference who you ask so choose wisely.
I arrived in BOS a bit disoriented since it is afterall 2am my time and I barely slept on the plane. The flight attendant was a brat and all I gained from my so-called "rest" was a neckache.
Anyway, then I had to figure out what to do with my large backpack so I could go explore the city on my 12 hour (!) lay-over.
First, I naively went over to a non-American looking guy to explain my situation. He didn't really understand but shook his head angrily and then drove off in his little airport car.
My next encounter was the complete opposite because I accidentally ran into the sweetest young man who immediately started with: "I'm not supposed to tell you this but...." and then told me that I should leave my bag on the carousel and come pick it up from the lost baggage claim later. His shift will pick up again at 3pm so I'm hoping to meet him there before I leave. Glad to have found a little friend along the way, it's fun to know we're both in on the same little illegal secret! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment