Monday, March 29, 2010

The blink of an eye

If the Full Belly gods thought they hadn't shown me the delicate balance of life and death well enough yet then they really proved their point last week. One second I was innocently washing out a stinky jar of milk and watching the two calves play in the sun, and the next I was running through the yard, clutching my bleeding wrist. I yelled over at the first person I saw but the adrenaline made me forget the pain, and my voice came out too calm. Chuy heard me and laughed, jogging over with a tiny bandaid in his hand. But when he got close he saw the fear in my eyes and the dark blood and he flagged down Paul who drove me to the hospital. Days later as I painstakingly type out letter by letter on the computer with my left hand, I look back and think how lucky I am to have been shown this lesson in the company of such wonderful people and not somewhere else.

1 comment:

  1. WHA?? wait can you elaborate on this? how did you get hurt?

    healing vibes being sent your way...!

    ReplyDelete