Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wait...you're supposed to be thankful at this time of year, right?

Today I lived in a cloud of flour all day. Made two pumpkin pies, two pumpkin breads (with winter luxury pumpkins from Pie Ranch!) and will soon finish a few batches of cookies. It was the perfect day: clear blue skies, falling leaves, warm, crisp, beautiful.
Alas half way through my baking craze I ran out of flour and oil so I ran to the store....On my way in I saw a man writing with chalk on the cement side of a planter box, the owner of the store stood above him, talking about how it was illegal to write on private property. I didn't think much of it except that I thought it was silly since it was just chalk he was writing with.
On my way out, the drawing man was gone but the owner remained, scrubbing away at what I now saw was an "I love you Brooke" sign. WHAT. A. GRINCH. Some people just have no heart sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment